What is Pearl Tamayo Photography?

Life Through A Living Lens

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Napa Valley Wine Tasting Adventure: Domaine Carneros, June 14, 2010

 The night before I had a little too much irish car bombs at a pub near the hotel and I was still hungover the following morning.  I was in desperate need of GREASE so we stopped by this cute little restaurant for a burger.  YUM!

greasy cheeseburger + fries = happy camper and no nauseated feeling

I love vintage so when I saw this truck parked outside the restaurant I had to take a picture.  It reminded me of the 1995 film A Walk in the Clouds starring Keanu Reeves minus the war and grape smashing.  However, it was appropriate for our trip to the vineyards.

from the back.

first stop - Domaine Carneros. The chateau at Domaine Carneros is considered one of the most beautiful wineries in North America. Visitors approach the winery via a grand staircase, passing chardonnay and pinot noir vineyards.  They have excellent table service and a beautiful view on the terrace.
i walked around the foyer while i waited for our wine tour

i enjoyed a complimentary bottle of their black grape pinot sparkling wine

i love white wine.  this one was smooth and bubbly.

taken during the tour. these are pinot grapes.

old contraptions

the bottling process
at the end of the tour.  on to the next vineyard...

No comments:

Post a Comment